Friday, September 28, 2012

Hybrid Hand Print Tree- MDS Blog Hop

Welcome to the MDS Blog Hop! This week we supposed to copy a favorite layout from Pinterest.  Mine isn't exactly a layout, but I did copy it from Pinterest.  

Here is my project:


I saw this pin when I was looking for ideas on what to give my husband for his first fathers day and knew I could recreate it in MDS, so I did!  I used the trunk from the Sweetly Nested Framable Art kit, added by text and printed it out onto a piece of 8 1/2" x 11" Whisper White cardctock.  Then came the messy part...the hand prints!  I used my then 5 month old daughters hands and SU!'s classic ink.

(**Advise...print out a few copies of the trunk so when you are doing the hand print and your kid's hand decides it wants to slide across the page when you don't want it to, you will have another fresh trunk ready to go!  I also taped the cardstock to the counter top and put my daughter in the BabyBjorn so I could have both of my hands free to guide her hands where I wanted them to go).


Here is a close up of the tree inside the frame.  I didn't have to spend any new money on anything for this project and I think it is a gift that we will treasure forever! I really like the way this hybrid project came out.  I think my husband liked it too!



Are you ready to hop on over to the next blog? The easiest way to do so is to click on the name right below mine, so that would be Mandy and then from her blog hop on over to Julie's blog and so on until you have hopped a full circle back to here!


No comments: