Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sweet and Spooky Halloween- CCMC-HM1

It's time for the first Create with Connie and Marythe Holiday Mini Edition! Woohoo! This challenge is for the subscribers to the Holiday Mini Edition to participate in and earn a change to win one of two $75 gift certificates or one of two free subscriptions to the next Edition of Create with Connie and Mary. If you want to participate, it is NOT to late to subscribe to the Holiday Mini Edition! You will still have access to all the previous posts and tutorials and have access for a long time after the session is over! What are you waiting for...come join us!

This week on Create with Connie and Mary, we've been focusing on the Dark and Dreary stamp set, Midnight Musings Jumbo Wheel and the Spooky Nights Rub-ons from the Holiday Mini.


I used the Dark and Dreary stamp set and the Midnight Musings Jumbo Wheel on my card for week 1's sketch.


Here is what I came up with, a Sweet and Spooky Halloween card! I call it Sweet and Spooky because it has a "spooky" image and a "sweet"little bow! The colors I used were Basic Black, Basic Grey and Very Vanilla. I had a lot of fun with the sketch!


I stamped the candle image from the Dark and Dreary stamp set onto Very Vanilla card stock using Black StazOn and then used my blender pens to get a little color and color it in very lightly. The sentiment comes from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes and was popped up using dimensionals.


I wheeled the Midnight Musings Jumbo Wheel using Basic Black ink onto the Basic Grey card stock and then used the So Saffron Stampin' Write marker to highlight the words a bit. The bow is 5/8" Basic Black Grosgrain ribbon.


I mounted the Basic Black panel on the the Very Vanilla card stock base and it was done!


Thanks for looking!

I hope you decide to join us over at the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition...if you haven't already!



Be sure to check out what the other Design Team members did with the sketch this week too:

Connie Babbert at INKspired Treasures
Cristena Bagne at Gettin' Crafty
Jenn Picard at A New Ink on Life
Mary Brown at StamperCamper

(Sorry my post spacing looks so wopper-jogged today, but I can not fix it!)

No comments: